ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 Internet Connection for iPhone App Access (Pulse?)

Old 08-25-16, 01:33 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 Internet Connection for iPhone App Access (Pulse?)

July of 2015 I had two systems installed, one in my home and one in my shop. Both systems have the Safewatch Pro 3000 installed. The shop was too far away and had steel walls which meant it wouldn't reliably connect to the panel in the house, hence the need for the second system.

At that time I only had internet in my house so that system is hooked up and I can access it through the Pulse App on my iPhone but the shop does not. I just completed power and data cable upgrades to my shop so I now have a broadband internet connection, network connection, router and wifi inside my shop. My question is this: How do I connect the shop panel to the internet so that I can use the Pulse App on my iPhone to access it like the one in my house?

The two systems look identical so I am thinking that I just need to add an Ethernet or WiFi connection to the shop panel and perhaps change a program setting or two, then load a second copy of the iPhone App for the separate system. Can anyone provided details on how to do this? Checking all the manuals and threads it does not seem to be documented anywhere. Want to avoid the cost of a service tech coming (I am out in the country).

Thanks...

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-16, 06:47 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 36 Votes on 35 Posts
It doesn't work that way. There is a web communicator that needs to be installed (which the shop system likely doesn't have), and the software has to be configured through the ADT system (it's cloud based). Sadly, it's not really a DIY configuration.

Old 08-25-16, 10:54 PM
Group Moderator
Received 478 Votes on 448 Posts
How was the garage communicating with ADT ?

Old 08-26-16, 12:40 PM
Comms

Both systems have AT&T cellular communications to ADT. The house has a 1 gigabit fiber connection also..

Old 08-26-16, 12:44 PM
Comms

Do you have a pic of the communicator by any chance so I can look to see if the shop has one already that just needs configuring? Guessing they could do that remotely. Bet that is why my house account is $5 more per month than the shop account.

Thanks.

Old 08-26-16, 06:11 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 36 Votes on 35 Posts
If you are being monitored by one of the GSM communicators, then they should be able to turn on the data functions remotely. They will still, likely, want to charge you a service call for doing so. No, it's not something you can activate as a DIY.