Honeywell DT-7435 motion sensor

Old 08-28-16, 07:24 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Red face Honeywell DT-7435 motion sensor

Hello people, after 6 years of this post (http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...on-sensor.html), appearence of facebook, twitter, instagram and all that I think my sensor got sick.

Geez we are getting old.

My sensor is flashing red and don't stop. I'm arming bypassing the zone for now, but I have been looking for this issue with no luck of infomation. Have anyone seen this before ?

I haven't tried resetting the panel but whatever happened to the sensor to go that way I want to know if it is better to replace it or I will be expecting noisy nights hurry looking for my gun in the middle of the night.

I appreciate your comments guys.

Thanks

Hey, we should make a whatsapp group to the forum .. 😂😂

Last edited by pepitopty; 08-28-16 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Incomplete title
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-16, 07:42 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
It's an electronic device, and the law of entropy hasn't been repealed. You can try disconnecting it from power and then powering it back up, but that behavior usually means that either the microwave or IR sensor has failed.

In the long run, you will probably just need to get another motion detector.

Old 08-29-16, 09:26 AM
Thank you MrRonFL,

That's what I wanted to know. I'll give a try resetting just to know but I'll keep skipped while the new one arrive. I don't want a heart attack on the upcoming evenings.

Is there a newer version of this motion or any better than this one ? I remember my research for this and this one was top on those old days.

Regards

Old 08-29-16, 12:27 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
All of the dual tech motions are pretty similar. Buy the one that has the most attractive case, and has the field of view to cover your space. They are all basically interchangeable, brand doesn't matter. It's just a motion actuated relay, in essence.

Old 08-30-16, 01:44 PM
Thanks

I did reboot to the panel so the motion sensor could go off and back on. It started to test and green light came up, after a few minutes it went back to continuous red so definitely I loose it.

Just to final update, I disabled the zone while the new one arrive.