Chime on only 1 or two zones?

Old 08-30-16, 12:36 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Chime on only 1 or two zones?

I know selective zone chiming is available with some systems, but how about the L7000 or a hybridized Vista 20P? I want the keypad to announce only when someone is on our porch or in our patio.

Also, I'm ASSuming the L7000 can be self monitored (for a slight fee) and an unmonitored noisemaker. Is this correct?

Thank you.

Last edited by Idahobound; 08-30-16 at 03:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-16, 07:59 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
Yes, a Vista 20p can be setup to only chime specific lists of zones.

Either can be configured as a local stand alone system.

Old 08-30-16, 08:12 PM
Thank you for your help.

How about the L7000? Anyone know if it can be programmed to chime only on particular zones or be self monitored w/o paying the full monitoring fee just for a connection?

I know with the right add on the V20P can be self monitored for free.

Just looking for an excuse to get a modern unit like the L7000. We will be moving to some acreage in the boonies, and the ability to control stuff remotely could come in handy say, when a moose is wandering around our house and outbuildings. The unit here would be practice.

Last edited by Idahobound; 08-30-16 at 08:54 PM.
Old 08-30-16, 09:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The L7000 is an all in one unit that is primarily intended for relatively small and simple installations, it's simply not as flexible and capable as a full fledged system as the V20p.

No, it doesn't have chime by zone as one of the programmable options, nor is it compatible with one of the third party remote access modules.

They just put a touchscreen interface on what is essentially a Lynx panel.

Old 08-31-16, 08:02 AM
Actually, on the L700 you can select chime mode per sensor so that you could have all zones setup to chime, all zones setup not to chime, or some with chime and others without chime. You can even select different actual chime tones/sounds individually for each zone.

You can also find companies that will offer you the Total Connect 2.0 service at a reduced rate, with no contract required, if you just want remote access to the system and text/email alerts without full central station service.

Adding an inexpensive L5100-ZWAVE module turns it into a home automation system as well so that you could integrate with Z-Wave lights, locks and thermostats.

While a VISTA-20P does offer some more custom configuration, the L7000 has a lot of features the VISTA-20P does not have so it's not really fair to say it's not as capable as a VISTA-20P as that would depend on the application and what's needed/wanted by the end user.

Old 09-01-16, 03:32 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
You're right - I was looking at the installation manual only. http://site.geoarm.com/pdfs/Honeywel...ming-guide.pdf

The chime selection is a user function on these: http://www.permarsecurity.com/images...User-Guide.pdf

Old 09-02-16, 05:40 PM
Thank you for your responses. I bought the L7000 and some goodies.

Can someone please point me to a PDF of the Installation and Setup Guide for the L7000? Yes, I know Google is my friend, but that PDF is eluding me. I have found it, but not in printable form.

I shouldn't be asking dumb questions without reading as much as I can. I have the User Manual and Programming Guide. If there are other manuals you think I need, by all means please link them.

I have the unit up and running, breadboard style, on my kitchen table. I have a 5816 switch, a PIR and key fob running. The 5800C2W and sensitive relay won't be here till late next week, so for now I just get to mess with it and drive the wife nuts.

Thanks

Last edited by Idahobound; 09-02-16 at 07:43 PM.