Encore FireFighter

Old 09-03-16, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Encore FireFighter

I have an ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 system with one 6160VADT, and one 6150ADT, and I want to replace the 6150 with a 6160 RF, so I can put the FireFighter into the system.

All I know how to do is replace the keypad and address it, but I don't know how to get the RF keypad and the FireFighter to talk to each other, and I sure don't know how to program it.

Could anybody help out with this?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-16, 03:27 PM
Do you know what the installer code is?
Is your system monitored right now?

Old 09-03-16, 04:02 PM
I don't know what the installer code is, but I do know how to back door it (power up, and hold * and #).

The system is monitored by ADT.

Old 09-03-16, 11:24 PM
Group Moderator
Received 346 Votes on 324 Posts
You may not be able to "backdoor" a system monitored by ADT.
You will also have to notify them of the additional point. They may not respond positively on that.

Old 09-05-16, 07:27 PM
If you press and hold 1 and 3 together on the 6150, it should display the current address. Once you verify the address, power the control panel down by disconnecting the battery and unplugging the transformer from the wall outlet. Then, swap the wires from the 6150 to to the 6160RF and power up the system.

Within 50 seconds of powering up, press and hold 1 and 3 together on the 6160RF. Once you see the 'CON ADDRESS=' screen, enter the two digit address you verified on the 6150 and press *. Then press 1* to enable the address followed by 00* to set the receiver address of 00. Finally press * three times and you should have a working keypad with receiver at that point.

You'll then need to use the *56 Zone Programming mode to add the Encore device. I agree that you should check with ADT to see how they would handle an alarm from a sensor you add on your own.

Old 09-08-16, 08:02 PM
Many moons ago when I worked for ADT, the SOP for all undefined signals were to treat as a panic alarm. Although, this may have changed, you will likely need a service call to define the zone--ADT will not add the zone otherwise.

Old 09-08-16, 08:32 PM
Firefighter

Interesting idea, I would not trust one on my system.

If you do put one on your system I would suggest testing it regularly, service techs at my shop have had to replace a handful of them because they just seem to stop working. They are not UL listed so fire marshals don't approve them for adequate protection.

The firefighter programs in just as any other zone.

Old 09-09-16, 03:04 PM
You could use a BRK RM4 smart relay. Just wire it in to an existing interconnected smoke and then wire to your panel. When one smoke goes off so will your alarm system.