PC1555 gives 'OPEN' error with no Trouble code

Old 09-06-16, 02:29 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
PC1555 gives 'OPEN' error with no Trouble code

I have a 10 year old PC1555 in my house that recently started giving me an "OPEN" message so I can't arm the system. In trying to diagnose the problem I entered *2 expecting to see a subsequent 1-8 digit pointing me to the "trouble condition". All I got after the *2 was a flashing Trouble light and a blank screen with no number!

All my searches regarding this issue turned up nothing. Anybody have an idea where I should look?

Coincidentally, I did have a single beep from a sensor the same day this problem started. I 'think' the beep came from a wireless smoke/heat detector. The detector was recently replaced since it had exceeded it's 7 year lifetime. Batteries had also been recently replaced.

Last edited by sttgiu; 09-06-16 at 02:31 PM. Reason: sttgiu
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-16, 03:39 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
An "open" is not a trouble condition. It means that you have an open zone. In general, wireless devices don't beep (a smoke _might_).

You need to see which zone number is reporting as open. This could be because of a wireless transmitter with a dead battery (as opposed to simply low), or it could be for a hardwired zone that is open, or missing a magnet.

Which keypad model do you have?

Old 09-07-16, 07:40 AM
sttgiu

Keypad is model LCD5501Z.

Old 09-07-16, 02:02 PM
Problem Resolved

MrRonFL -

Thanks for your response. I was able to fix the problem. It was a broken wire in the PC1555. In was inside one of the crimped connections where a bunch of my window sensors are in series all feeding one zone. It had nothing to do with a random chirp from a wireless smoke detector.