Concord Express help - no delays?

Old 09-08-16, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Concord Express help - no delays?

Ok, I have to admit that I have never messed with a home alarm system right up front. That being said, I like a good puzzle and so I here I am.

I bought a house with a GE Concord Express (Rev. B) home alarm system. The previous owners disconnected their monitoring service and did NOT leave us any codes - so basically it was worthless.

I did some reading online and figured out how to reset the system on the motherboard. I did that and then realized that without an Alphanumeric keypad (different than the one at the door), I could not get into programming mode. $35 later on eBay and some straight forward wiring and I'm in business.

Then I found out that one of the exterior door sensors was broken. $8.60 and another week later with a little soldering (why no extra wire in the wall???), and I have all the sensors intact.

Ok, now to where I struggle. I can learn all the sensors and it seems that regardless of what group I put them in I get instant alarms when the system is armed and tripped.

I tried GROUP 10 Entry-Exit Delay for all exterior doors - instant alarm.
I tried GROUP 13 Entry-Exit Instant for all exterior doors - instant alarm.
I tried GROUP 13 on three perimeter doors and GROUP 10 on one interior door (for disarming) - instant alarm.

Always gives an instant alarm. Here's what I've been doing. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

1. RESET SYSTEM
2. ENTER PROGRAMMING MODE
3. LEARN SENSORS - GROUP 13 (for example) - TRIP SENSOR nn (and trigger all doors)
4. LEARN SENSORS - EDIT SENSORS - change the one door to a GROUP 10 door for the delay.

Example at end:
S01 P1 G13 NC
S02 P1 G10 NC (intent is to delay this door for normal entry and disarming)
S03 P1 G13 NC
S04 P1 G13 NC

Even if in step 3 all I do is set all of them to GROUP 10 (delayed), they go off instantly. Crazy thing is that before I had replaced the other sensor I was able to get them all on Group 10 with a delay somehow.

Question 1: What am I doing wrong?
Question 2: Can I make a seperate partition? How? Cant find it anywhere in the manuals.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by pmpilot; 09-08-16 at 02:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-16, 05:05 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 28 Votes on 27 Posts
The contacts have no intelligence, they are just switches, so changing out a contact makes no difference. Your programming configuration, as described is correct (no there's no partitioning involved to make this work).

That leaves your arming procedure. What are the exact steps you are taking to test this?

Old 09-08-16, 06:14 PM
2 + CODE + 4
3 + CODE + 4 also

With 3 perimeter doors on code 13 and the one garage entry door on 10, any trip after arming and it's instant siren.

Wait a flippin second. The no delay means no delay on doors? Not no delay on arming?

Old 09-08-16, 06:42 PM
I must be tired. Hated testing the system and waiting forever for it to arm. Saw the add 4 for no delay and viola, cool, no delay on arming! Well that's true, but also no delay on all sensors too. Live and learn.