General Electric NX4 Alarm 3 beeps and does nothing else

Old 09-14-16, 07:06 AM
General Electric NX4 Alarm 3 beeps and does nothing else

Hello! I have a General Electric NX4 Alarm.
There was a blackout (long one) and alarm sound siren a couple of times. After that problems began. The gel battery which was already old looks deteriorated. So dumped it away and bought a new one.
I canīt not make it work anymore. All I get is 3 beeps (2 short, and the last one long) so I think something is definitely wrong.

In the keypad I see a red light in AC (which is present no matter if battery is plugged in or not).

So to me, the battery issue I guess was not the problem, and I bought it in hope that replacement would help to normalize the situation (and I was wrong).

I pressed * and 2 (does that suppouse to do anything?) in hope that would indicate me what is wrong according to quick guide. But all I get is the 3 beep sound.

I tried *97 and then user code and then setting up 4 digits for the hour (I saw that on a video about changing battery), and of course didnt help either.

As you can guess I'm a newbie having problems with alarm. Can you help me arm the alarm again? Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-16, 03:35 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
It sounds like it may have locked up due to running on the weak battery. Fully power the system down and try restarting it.

Old 09-16-16, 12:44 PM
Thanks. And how do I do that exactly?

Old 09-16-16, 12:54 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Unplug the battery, and either unplug the power pack from the wall, or take one of the wires on terminals 1 & 2 (at the top of the motherboard) off (it's 16vac, so it's safe to handle, just don't shot it against anything)

Wait a few minutes and restore the AC and battery connections.