Lynx Touch 7000 Chime a Non-Burglary Zone?

Old 09-26-16, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lynx Touch 7000 Chime a Non-Burglary Zone?

OK. I have decommissioned the 29-year old Acron AV-8000 and installed a Lynx Touch 7000 with comm modules, a 12V power supply, and a couple relays to handle the noisemakers and strobe. The 5800C2W made the transition from wired to wireless a piece of cake. Don’t think you’re supposed to put the C2W in the old steel box, but I did, and it is communicating just fine.

I put a wireless PIR in my entryway (out of the elements) and have it set to chime. We love having the alarm announce whenever someone is at our front door—especially the stealthy UPS guy who NEVER knocks.

So here is the question: Right now, we have to bypass the entryway PIR every time we set the alarm. Is there a way to have that zone chime and not be part of the alarm? Bypassing it every time we set the alarm is a pain. Perhaps in the Rules, for which I can find almost no documentation? Maybe a macro shortcut?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-16, 03:31 PM
Group Moderator
Received 340 Votes on 318 Posts
I'm not sure on the exact programming you need to follow but instead of making it an active alarm point make it a supervisory point only.

Old 09-26-16, 06:27 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 27 Votes on 26 Posts
I think the zone type that will work is "resident monitor".

Old 09-26-16, 07:57 PM
Thanks for your ideas.

I tried the "resident monitor" setting early on. Even though chime is not an option, it still announces a detection. Problem is, it is an instant alarm zone, and I don't know if that is changeable.

Any other ideas?

Last edited by Idahobound; 09-26-16 at 09:12 PM.
Old 09-27-16, 02:22 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 27 Votes on 26 Posts
There's not really a "chime only" zone type on these. The list of zone types is all you have to work with. All in one systems, like this, tend to have limitations.

Old 09-27-16, 05:47 AM
I would usually use General Monitor.

When you say that the Resident Monitor is "an instant alarm zone" what do you mean though?

Old 09-27-16, 08:27 AM
Success! The General Monitor setting worked. With the system armed, it chimed "Activity Detected bla bla" without setting off the alarm. Actually, "chime" is the wrong word, as chime is not an option in the General Monitor setting--and several others. Announce would be more accurate.

Truth be told, the Resident Monitor worked also in the second round of tests today. I just did something stupid yesterday. In testing, I forgot to bypass a sensor between me and the one I was testing. Doh!

So now I have what I think I need--a self monitored, extremely noisy alarm system that announces when someone is in our entry way or patio.

The toughest part was wiring the sensitive relay and programming a rule to activate the Trig function on the panel, but searching the Internet provided the answers. I wish the sensitive relay came with a more robust relay. It is only good for 2 amps. I have 3 amps worth of sirens plus a strobe, so the sensitive relay feeds the Vcc terminals of a 10 amp relay for the sirens and a 30-minute DOR relay (through a diode to prevent back feeding) for the strobe.

Thanks all.

Last edited by Idahobound; 09-27-16 at 10:07 AM.
Old 09-27-16, 08:44 AM
Glad to hear it worked for you! Check your private messages as I just sent you one with some information on the Total Connect 2.0 service if you are interested.