Vista 20P fire alarm options

Old 09-28-16, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vista 20P fire alarm options

I am looking to replace each of the 9 existing smoke alarms in my house with RF wireless detectors. I was thinking on making a move on the Honeywell 5808W3, but those are pretty expensive per unit, and that would make ~$700 to outfit the house.

I am wondering, are there any other CHEAPER smoke alarms that would work with my system (ADT Safewatch Pro 3000, Vista 20P)?

I have a Honeywell 6160RF keypad for my wireless transciever...

I have ADT Pulse with a Netgear PGZNG1 ADT Pulse Gateway, so would a Z-Wave alarm do the same thing (alert the system, and show on the keypad what zone has been activated)... and if so, how would I program.

If I would make a move on a Z-Wave, it would probably be this unit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...k_ql_qh_dp_hza

I would much prefer that it would be a Honeywell 5800 RF wireless series compatible type, but if Z-Wave works as a RF Honeywell alarm, I may make a move.

Thanks in advance for any help, sorry if this a jumbled mess.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-16, 06:28 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 27 Votes on 26 Posts
Wireless devices are brand specific. The only wireless smokes that will integrate with your system are the Honeywell models.

Z wave smoke detectors don't integrate with security systems without going through a z wave adaptor hub (and security systems generally don't interface with the hubs that easily).

Z wave functionality on security systems is pretty much limited to light and relay control (its an output, not really an input).

Old 09-28-16, 07:32 PM
Group Moderator
Received 340 Votes on 318 Posts
Since you currently have a hardwired system.... why wouldn't you stay with that and replace the heads. It certainly eliminates having to change individual batteries in all the units.

Usually the wireless units are used when it's too hard to run cables in a house.