System light is on, but no further info

Old 09-29-16, 01:10 PM
System light is on, but no further info

I have an old DSC Classic PC1555 alarm system with a PC1555RKZ keypad. The system is not monitored...I just want to hear an alarm if someone is breaking in.

The System light is on. So I tried to get more info by pressing *2, but no other lights display! Is there any way to reset this?

If I cant turn the System light off, does that mean I can't use the system? I tried arming it and it works, but the System Light stays on.....

Please help...I'm a single woman living alone and don't want to buy a gun!

Thank you!

Pam

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-16, 05:16 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Is the system light the _only_ light that's on? If so, the system doesn't have AC power, and is running on failing battery power.

If you also have the power light on, first, double check the keypad wiring to make sure all 4 conductors are actually connected. Then you can power the system down, by unplugging the wall transformer and disconnecting the battery. Let it sit for a few minutes, and then reconnect the battery and AC power plug.

If it's not responsive after that, then you may have a failed system.

Old 09-30-16, 11:29 AM
Thanks so much Mr. Ron! I've scoured the internet for an answer and yours is the BEST!!

Old 09-30-16, 06:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
One of the things I didn't catch was that you can arm/disarm.

For this model keypad the system light is also used to indicate alarm memory. Try pressing *3. See page 6 of the user manual: https://paladinsecurity.com/download...5-PC1555MX.pdf