GE Concord 4 Garage Door Sensor

Old 09-29-16, 03:07 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Concord 4 Garage Door Sensor

***I tried searching the website but I kept getting errors***

Hey guys,

I finally cleaned out the garage so my wife could start parking her car in there for the winter.

I mounted a door switch to the Concord 4 a few years ago, that way if I left it open it someone opens it, it of course, trips the alarm.

But now that the wife is parking her car what sensor type should the garage door be moved to?

If the system is armed when she gets home and she hits the Garage Door opened, she has 30 seconds until the system needs disarmed. I know my wife will HATE me if she needs to get into the house to disarm the system prior to the timer timing out.

Secondly, when she leaves the house and arms the system to away, she again has 30 seconds to get out.

I thought about giving her the keyfob I have setup for our Concord, but I don't trust it. Mainly becasue its not two-way so you don't know if the system armed when you go to leave. And when she comes home...I don't want her disarming the system with the fob prior to being in the house due to someone forcing their way into the house with her.

I don't know how I feel about extending the timer from 30 to 60 seconds.

So what are my options?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-16, 05:11 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 28 Votes on 27 Posts
There is another delay zone timer available. You can program that opening to have a substantially longer delay time. (sensor group/zone type 11 or 12)

Installer manual: http://static.interlogix.com/library...%20REV%20J.pdf

Old 09-29-16, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you very much.

After reading that manual you linked, it looks like the standard delay and extended delay can be custom set. And I am guessing the "Twice Extended" doubles the Extended delay.

This should work!!