Safewatch Pro 3000EN - Resetting Installer Code

Old 10-01-16, 09:25 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Safewatch Pro 3000EN - Resetting Installer Code

I've got a very common problem - I have a Safewatch Pro 3000EN (basically a Vista 20P). The system is programmed and works locally but is not monitored. I know the master code but not the installer code.

Trying [installer code] 8 0 0 does not get me into programming mode when I try the common installer codes available on the web. I assume that ADT changed it to a local code. I've also tried the last 4 of my ADT customer number.

It looks like I have to reset the system if I want to reset the installer code. I can follow the directions at:

https://www.alarmgrid.com/faq/how-do...-control-panel

to power cycle the panel and press * and # within 50 seconds of setup. (I have a 2 line keypad as well)

What I am wondering is will that factory reset all settings? Or will it retain all the programming and just allow me to reset the installer code.

My overall goal is to keep the system as is but add an Ad2USB to monitor using my Vera Plus. But I need to weight the risk that if I factory reset the entire system to get into installer mode to add the Ad2USB as a keypad I may not be able to fully reprogram the system.

Can anyone confirm that disconnecting AC and Battery power will clear all programming from the Vista20p?

Thanks,
Adam

Old 10-01-16, 07:20 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 261 Upvotes on 240 Posts
That's not a default command. It's just a hardware backdoor into programming. Once you are in programming, you will be able to read back and/or change the current installer code.

Old 10-01-16, 08:44 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you very much. That's great news! I had hoped that the programming was stored in non volatile memory but couldn't confirm it from reading online.

It makes a huge difference to hear from knowledgeable people. Thank you for your help. I'll go ahead and * and # my way into programming!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: