Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Electrical, AC & DC. Electronic Equipment and Computers > Electronic Home Security Systems, Alarms and Devices
Reload this Page >

How to reset 09 error code on admeco 15 panel with ADT safewatch pro 2000 keypad

How to reset 09 error code on admeco 15 panel with ADT safewatch pro 2000 keypad

Old 10-12-16, 02:26 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I am trying to reactivate my home security system and have tested all zones but get an 09 error code and am not sure my wireless motion detector is working properly. Replaced the batteries in the motion detector. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-16, 02:40 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 22 Votes on 21 Posts
Installer manual: http://www.reedsecurity.com/pdf/Vista20SEUserManual.pdf

Trouble code 09 means that either the system isn't communicating with the wireless receiver, or that there's something like a zone defined above zone 10 that hasn't had a wireless transmitter enrolled. Have you attempted to make any changes to the zone programming, or possibly replaced a keypad?

We need to verify your model number. Is this a Vista 15, Vista 15p, Vista 15se? The proper model number is critical, all of the different models program differently. There will be a model number printed on the edge of the main system board. Usually it will be "SAVxxxx"

Old 10-14-16, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the reply.
Panel #SAV15GEN. I have 6 zones. Zones 1 thru 5 are hardwired. Motion detector was zone #10. I have three keyboards and I did replace 2 defective 2000 keyboards with 2 new 3000 keyboards. I still have 1 good 2000 keyboard that works.
I tried to delegate zones 9 and 10 but not sure that worked because I still get an error code for zone 9 & 10.

Old 10-14-16, 02:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I suspect that one of the two keypads you replaced was the RF receiver. If you still have them, check the model numbers. You can't bypass "zone" 9 because it's a reference to the missing wireless receiver.

I _think_ this is the correct manual for your system: http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/Adem...n%20Manual.pdf

(The original Vista 15 wasn't a common model)

Old 10-18-16, 12:15 PM
Installed new 6150rf pad in booted it up. Got no error messages. Still not sure if motion detector works. When I arm the system in away mod, I get no alarm if there is motion in the room. Is there a better way to test that component.

Old 10-18-16, 06:00 PM
Are you opening and closing a door programmed as an Entry/Exit zone type? If not, the system is probably reverting back to stay mode at the end of the exit delay because it can see no entry/exit zone was faulted and therefore someone must still be in the home.

Old 10-18-16, 06:19 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Also, remember that all wireless motions have an activity timeout feature (to prevent depleting the battery in high traffic areas); so you have to stay out of the activation range of the device for 3-5 minutes before it will trigger, once armed.