New to the forum, pre wiring new house

Old 10-15-16, 07:39 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New to the forum, pre wiring new house

I am currently in the process of building a new home and I am considering pre wiring for an alarm and would like some advice.

This is my situation; the house I am building has an irrigation canal to the rear of the back yard. I would like to know when one of my children open the back door. I have been homes where you hear several beeps or even an announcement "back door" when a door is opened. This is where I would like to begin.

I've done some poking around and believe I can reach my goal by prewiring each exterior door for a magnetic door switch, getting a vista20p, and a keypad.

I believe this will allow me to add wireless motion sensors in the future if i decide to use the alarm for security when we are not home.

Am I on the right track?

Im aware that programming the system is complicated, it looks similar to programming a key system or pbx so i think i'll be able to fumble through it.

Thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-16, 08:42 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 28 Votes on 27 Posts
Yes, it's very easy to add wireless to a Vista panel, later. Just make sure you get at least one 6160 keypad, which is needed to be able to configure the system.