How can I make my GE ITI Simon 2 Call my iPhone

Old 10-22-16, 08:23 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How can I make my GE ITI Simon 2 Call my iPhone

Hi, I just want to know if my GE ITI Simon 2 Alarm System can call my cellphone in case of emergency?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-16, 10:36 AM
Group Moderator
Received 339 Votes on 317 Posts
In your other thread you said you knew how to program the alarm which means you have the book. Look at option 5.

Option 05: Secondary Phone Number
Add and Delete function the same as they do for the primary phone number.
This number can be to a numeric pager or a central station.

Old 10-22-16, 10:50 AM
I done it before. I programmed my number in the "Secondary Phone number" in (Option 5). I don't have an alarm company monitoring the system. It functions as a local alarm.

Here is what happened:

Anyways when I set off the alarm the system calls me right away. I answered the phone and I don't hear anything. The system kept calling me 8 or 9 times then the panel says "System Phone Communication Failure".

I can use the Remote Phone control to access the system when Im not home just by calling the security system. I know (Option 27 Ring/Hang/Ring) MUST be programed in order for the Simon 2 panel to answer my call. But anyways, Im just looking for a solution to see if I can be notified of an alarm. Now, I don't own a pager but is it possible to use the pager function and program in my cellphone number to see if will work?

Last edited by Alarmguy2203; 10-22-16 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-22-16, 03:14 PM
Im using a VOIP service called "OBI" so I can check the System Status/Arm or Disarm the system remotely from my phone.

Old 10-22-16, 03:25 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 24 Posts
Also, in programming option 13, you have to change that setting to 9 to get it to dial your phone as if it's a pager; otherwise, it keeps trying to call because your phone cannot generate the "kiss off" tone that any other format expects to get.

Most alarm systems to the "self monitor to a mobile phone" clumsily, at best; as they are really designed for central station communication.

Old 10-22-16, 04:51 PM
So, If i set it as a pager will the system be able to tell me what is going on with the system. This is a older system and it does not have the voice notification event option. It just only has a Pager function thats it. I can use the Remote phone access fine when I want to remotely control the system by calling out when Im not home.

Old 10-22-16, 07:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 24 Posts
All you will know is that one of the conditions listed in option 13 has activated the system. If your mobile phone service has an actual pager emulation, you may be able to get the actual paging messages, but typically (especially with Iphones) it's a hit and miss proposition.