Driveway alarm suggestions?

Old 10-25-16, 10:12 AM
Driveway alarm suggestions?

I am looking for an alarm that will detect people and vehicles. It needs to be wireless. 1 receiver and 1 transmitter should be enough. The distance is about 150 yards.

I have found this alarm: Review: Guardline GL2000 Wireless Driveway Alarm System

Anyone has any experience with it? IT looks pretty decent but I want something around $50.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-16, 11:36 AM
Group Moderator
Upvotes Received: 141
I would be hesitant with the one you linked. 500 feet is stated as it's maximum range. I'm certain that would be under the absolute optimal conditions. If you have anything between the transmitter and receiver like a door or wall I would expect the range to be cut considerably. I don't think you'd get the 450ft. range that you need.

$50 limits your options. If you can stretch your budget I use a Dakota Alert at my office door to announce when people pass by and it's been working reliably for two years. The max range is listed as 1/2 mile so your 450ft should be doable.

Old 10-25-16, 06:19 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes Received: 21
The Optex wireless 2000 system is higher than your desired price point; however, they are very rugged (they stand up to the harsh environment here in FL); and have the option of adding more than one transmitter (about 1500-2000 foot range).

RCTD-20U | OPTEX