Vista 20P Pager/Phone Function

Old 10-26-16, 07:09 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vista 20P Pager/Phone Function

I'm willing to give this a shot. I've seen some users have this with luck and others..not so much. I have VOIP Service by AT&T and was wondering if I can make my vista 20p panel call my phone if there is an alarm instance using the pager function. I've looked at the other threads on this forum only to be confused. Can anyone help me with this? ANY help appreciated!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-16, 10:00 AM
Received 4 Votes on 3 Posts
Back in the day, I remember the Telelocator Alphanumeric Protocol being mentioned. It is (or was) a dial-up communications protocol used to access and send data to paging terminals. You might want to check it out.

Old 10-27-16, 11:43 AM
Received 28 Votes on 22 Posts
Very few, if any, cellular telephones will accept TAP paging data. I would have to read the Vista manual to be certain but I don't recall it working with TAP paging either; (I could be absolutely wrong about this part). Most common result of using the pager function is to get a call on the cell phone with the caller ID showing the telephone number the Vistas panel is using.

Old 10-27-16, 01:44 PM
GE 8V2 Call Out in VoIP with Pager Function

If your vista 20P is not programmed to call the central station via a POT or VoIP line, you can just program Vista 20P to call your cell phone with pager function. Try it out, you will find the answer yourself.

I have my GE 8V2 call my cell phone in pager function when an alarm is triggered via Ooma VoIP. The 8V2 calls my cell phone about 6 to 8 times. Only the caller ID is shown. If you are willing to pay a monthly subscription fee, you can download an iPhone APP to activate pager function. From this form, I learnt and downloaded an APP from PRESENCE and used my old iPod as a camera. When my cell phone receives a pager 6 to 8 times, I knew my alarm is triggered. I then use the PRESENCE APP to view the video script and confirm the incident and take action accordingly. Good luck!

Old 10-27-16, 04:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 28 Votes on 27 Posts
Some VOIP solutions handle DTMF alarm communications better than others, sometimes two different modules of the same type will work just fine in one house and not work well across the street. Generally, the ones provided by the major broad band providers work better, on average.

For the NX-8v2, change your dialer format to pager by programming a custom format instead of one of the standard ones (see page 26 of the installer manual: http://static.interlogix.com/library...n%20Manual.pdf) That will make it stop calling multiple times.

Old 10-28-16, 09:21 PM
@MrRonFl @waynec2

Thank you for all the information you guys have provided to me. However, does anyone know as to how to use the paging function to properly call a cell phone with instructions? I will try messing with it tonight but I hope to get some information on how to do it right from someone here.

Old 10-28-16, 10:39 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 28 Votes on 27 Posts
Page 4-7 of the installer manual: http://site.aesecurity.com/Manuals/v...stallation.pdf