CCTV DVR backup playback

Old 10-30-16, 07:24 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
CCTV DVR backup playback

I have discovered how to backup my cctv and put it on a flash drive. But even though the backup when played on the DVR is all 4 cameras on one screen it is not when I play it on my computer at home. I downloaded VLC Player and reset the codec so it plays the H264 video but it only shows one camera not all 4. I checked the settings on the backup and made sure I checked the all cameras to backup.
Any ideas on my problem.

Old 10-30-16, 08:01 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 122 Votes on 113 Posts
What is the brand and model of the DVR? Different models export their playback in different ways.

Old 11-02-16, 09:09 AM
The dvr has no name on it the paperwork shows no name other than H264 digital recorder. I believe it has some numbers on a tag in the back but no name or model number.
I can backup to the usb flash drive in H264 or AVI but the results are the same. I will look further for the model or brand.

Old 11-02-16, 10:31 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,412 Votes on 1,306 Posts
"H264 digital recorder" will be found on just about all the units. There are some no name recorders that only say that on them.

Go to google, search "H264 digital recorder" and then click on images. You may be able to spot your model in the images.

The footage from the DVR is always made of multiple channels of video which are synchronized into one data stream. The playback software is included on the CD that comes with the DVR.

In other words.....the ability to watch a split screen is part of the DVR's playback software that comes on an included disc.

Old 11-26-16, 06:20 PM
Well now that makes sense. I can see all 4 screens on the backup by playing it in the dvr but must view one channel at a time on my computer. Thank you

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: