Self programmed via PC, self monitored Alarm Panel with email and SMS

Old 11-11-16, 05:26 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Self programmed via PC, self monitored Alarm Panel with email and SMS

Hi all, I have been researching alarm system panels for a couple of weeks now. I would like to replace my old Bosch D6412 with a hybrid system that allows for self monitoring and programming via a PC. This has been a challenge with conflicting information, apparently companies like DSC and Honeywell as well as the Alarm installation companies are not very supportive of this type of system. Regardless, I have narrowed the field to DSC 1832, with two PK5500's, one PC5108, one RF5132, Envisalink 4 IP, PCLink-SCW, plus a variety of wireless sensors. The issue I am having is getting my hands on the software, DSC DSL 5. Would anyone have any pointers on how to find this software?

Old 11-14-16, 02:34 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 132 Votes on 123 Posts
Some of the dealers that sell the DSC hardware online have the software on their support pages.

That said, the software is really made for people who are configuring multiple copies of similar systems. It has enough of a configuration and learning curve, in and of itself, that you may come out just as well to do your set up and configuration via the keypads. The hardest thing to do with the keypad is programming the zone descriptors; and it's mostly tedious, as apposed to difficult.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: