Programming replacement wireless transmitter?

Old 11-12-16, 07:38 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Programming replacement wireless transmitter?

I have a Networx or Caddx alarm system with NX-8E panel NX148 keypad, a NX-448E receiver module (set for 35) and NX454 transmitter on a window. The equipment is circa 2003 and has worked fine to this date.
Ive recently started to receive a message “Zone Lost” for zone 9. There is a single transmitter in this zone. Ive replaced the battery which did not help.

I want to replace the transmitter……… But cannot figure out how to program via the keypad to assign the replacement transmitter to zone 9. Ive followed the instructions “To program the module” provided with the receiver. 8*, enter 917300 to enter program mode, 35# to select the module, and then 0# to enter the sensor learning location. I get key entry error beeps when trying to enter the sensor learning.

Can you provide any clues for me on how to proceed?
Thank you

Old 11-14-16, 02:41 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 133 Votes on 123 Posts
The first question: Is the 9713 default installer code still the installer code on your system?

If you are actually getting into programming; the first thing is to go to programming location (9 in this case). Then you turn off option 1 in the first segment to remove that transmitter. After that, you go into sensor learning to add the new transmitter in the place of the old one.

Old 11-14-16, 05:31 AM
R
Hey thanks Mr Ron.
the installer code is actually 917300. I found it mentioned as an alternative in the instructions.
So I was able to disable the zone 9 by turning off option1 in the first segment and the incessant "zone lost" beeping has stopped and the alarm is reporting all good.

However..........I cannot get it to learn a new transmitter. I tried this..........

971300....... Installer Code (the default is 971300) to enter programming
35# ............to program the wireless receiver (35 is the default module number, all receiver card dip switches at 0.)
9# zone that I want to add sensor
toggle option 1 on
*# to save and exit location

0# to go to learn sensors location
9* then trip the sensor to learn it in
All i get is 3 beeps which per the manual means its incorrect entry or zone already has transmitter assigned.

Any thoughts?
thanks again

Old 11-14-16, 02:57 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
You added an extra step that's goofing you up. Once you delete the existing transmitter, you don't turn the option 1 back on. You just go straight to the sensor learn (0# +9* + trip).

Old 11-14-16, 03:36 PM
R
Mr Ron from Florida: YOU ARE THE MAN!. that worked!!!!!1!!!!! Now I got to document the procedure so that in 20 more years Ill be able to do it again!
Thanks so much!!.

Old 11-14-16, 04:50 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Print out a copy of the manual: http://ssts.net.in/images/products/w...n%20Manual.pdf, and make some crib notes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: