Any advanced home security methods?

Old 11-13-16, 11:12 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Any advanced home security methods?

I recently experienced 2 home invasions. Thank God, nothing was robbed. I Am really tensed about my home security. I have no beliefs in CCTV as intelligent and smart intruders can overcome it so easily. I have night shifts for about 10 days in a month. I can't take risks anymore. Is there any advanced security systems like this that can be linked to my phone and also the facility to contact a help center at the earliest?I read this 2 days before ******** and if anyone knows, please share your views?

Last edited by Shadeladie; 11-14-16 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Link removed
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-16, 10:01 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
My advice is to get a good-sized dog [German Shepherd, Rottweiler, etc.] and keep it in the house. Nobody wants to deal with a dog -- They will move to the next house.

And if someone tries breaking in during the night, it will let you know before any alarm system.

Old 11-20-16, 06:44 AM
Received 392 Votes on 366 Posts
Doesn't even have to be big dogs, our two yappers make a lot of noise, nobody is going to continue into a house with all that racket going on!

Old 11-20-16, 09:50 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 97 Votes on 90 Posts
Most modern security systems (don't confuse video surveillance with intrusion alarms), have the ability to call both a central station, as well as calling a mobile phone or pager.

Ultimately, all electronic security does is "harden the target" and make it a less attractive choice.

Old 11-20-16, 10:13 AM
Received 253 Votes on 227 Posts
The dog idea is good if you're willing to take on the cost and responsibility of a dog.

I'm with Ron on this one. Several things must be considered. How much are you willing to invest on a security system? You can do a do-it-yourself type system, such as Simply Safe (with or without internet and police alarms). Or go to more aggressive approach and look at an ADT type system. Also what is the current condition of your entry points? And is their a reason you are being targeted? Do you have a value type item that is known to the public that might be a target? Is it the neighborhood?

Old 11-20-16, 10:42 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 330 Votes on 293 Posts
I have no personal experience with them but I've seen electronic barking dogs for sale that work off of a motion detector.