CCTV Power Supply

Old 11-23-16, 08:30 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
CCTV Power Supply

Hello guys,
I have a question about a CCTV Power supply. My neighbor has a CCTV power supply like this one:

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

One of the fuse keeps blowing up every time we try to connect a camera. We changed the fuse and is still blowing up. When we connect the camera to the power and then connect it to the coaxial cable, there's spark coming out. Now 3 cameras are fried up.

My questions are:
Is it possible that the fuse that we put is for a high current and blows up the camera by getting a high current, even if the output power is 12v ?

How can it be possible to fried up 3 cameras when they don't even use the same power line ? The other 5 cameras work fine.
Thank you for your help !!

Old 11-23-16, 09:39 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,505 Votes on 1,393 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The power supply is 12VDC. That means the camera that gets connected is polarity sensitive. That means + to + and - to -. If you connect it backwards.... it will blow a fuse.

For further help we'll need to know the make and model of the cameras you are using.

Old 11-24-16, 04:39 AM
Super Moderator
Received 52 Votes on 48 Posts
You would need to check the connections you are using to confirm the voltage and whether it is ac or dc.
Some commercial cameras are 24 volts ac and you could have connected the camera to the wrong terminals.

Also, what type of cameras are these?
Are you sure you should be connecting power to a "coaxial cable" ?
There are a few different ways to power a camera and maybe you are not using the correct method.

The make and model of the cameras, dvr and power supply, also a close up of the panel would help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: