Simon XT Comm Failure

Old 11-30-16, 07:50 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Simon XT Comm Failure

Hello All,

I have a DIY Simon XT system that I recently installed and programmed to call my cell phone and nothing else, no monitoring station at all. I set the comm type to voice dialer and everything was OK until now. The simon starting beeping at me and was complaining about a comm failure. I put the system in alarm and sure enough it called me but the comm failure message came back even after power cycling the system. Is there any way to solve this?

Thanks

Old 12-01-16, 07:36 AM
S
The Simon XT is designed to call a central station receiver not a personal cell phone.

As the panel is calling you and your phone isn't able to give the alarm signal a proper "kissoff" after the signal is reported, the Comm Failure trouble is reported as the panel doesn't think the alarm was properly reported. The alert will only clear if you successfully send a signal through to a central station receiver so with your setup, you'll just have to live with that trouble always showing up.

Old 12-01-16, 03:07 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 128 Votes on 119 Posts
No, the voice dialer setting doesn't require a central station connection. The sneaky trick (that they don't really make clear in the manual) is that the setting only works on phone 3 and phone 4. If you try to use it on the first two phone settings, you will get exactly the result you are getting.

Old 12-01-16, 03:35 PM
S
Ah, thank you for chiming in Ron.

That's what I get for trying to talk with authority on a panel I haven't programmed or used in awhile...

The good news, is the OP has an easy fix now!

Old 12-01-16, 05:40 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 128 Votes on 119 Posts
I'm not super fond of the Simon/Concord configuration; but I had to deal with them often enough to step in a lot of the bear traps...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: