Reset alarm system to ready

Old 12-16-16, 12:30 PM
Reset alarm system to ready

I have the Rokonet Wisdom wireless security system that I installed myself. I just changed the batteries in 2 of the sensors without powering down (mistake) and of course got the tamper alarms. I finally managed to shut the freaking thing up, but now the system won't go into ready condition. I can arm and disarm the system with the remote key fob but can't arm the system from the panel. If I arm the system with the key fob I can disarm at the panel. (phew!) Any ideas?
Thanx!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-16, 12:39 PM
Ok, sorry! The system finally reset itself after about 45 min. to an hour.
Thanks for looking. Out!

Old 12-16-16, 02:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes Received: 21
With most wireless systems, there's a bit of lag before the transmitter sends the "I'm good" signal to the alarm control. Generally you can force it by opening and closing the door/window; but sometimes it just takes time (or sometimes an obscure command buried in the back of the user manual)

Old 12-17-16, 12:53 PM
Thanx! Yeh, I was freaking out! I read online something about needing an anti-code to clear the system code and being as I set the thing up I didn't know anything about any anti-code. :/ So, next time, if I cut all the power to change the batteries, everything should come back up ok, right? So I won't have to put up with all the alarms & phone calls.

Old 12-17-16, 09:59 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes Received: 21
Maybe. In this area the Rokonet panels are uncommon, but I know they have some odd protocols in their firmware, but I really can't say for certain.