DSC P1616 - Unable to reset trouble light

Old 12-17-16, 04:27 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC P1616 - Unable to reset trouble light

I have a dsc 1616 installed in the house, it was working fine until few days back when we had a false smoke alarm, after which i am seeing the indication that their are alarms in memory, but i am unable to clear them out. The system no longer displays the ready light, and i am unable to arm/disarm the system.

Here is what I have tried so far:
1) I tried *2 which shows System trouble is active
2) tried *3 which shows fire alarms are in memory.
3) Reset the smoke alarm equipment
4) *29 to acknowledge the trouble menu
5) *72 to reset the sensor

None of the above steps to clear the memory worked. Experts could you please help?
What should be my next steps?

Old 12-17-16, 07:07 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 132 Votes on 123 Posts
If the smoke detector is actually reset (the indicator light on the device is no longer on steady), and you have exited alarm memory display by pressing the # key; to clear the actual alarm memory, you have to arm and disarm. (Page 8 in the user manual: http://cms.dsc.com/media/documents/u..._V4-7_R001.pdf)

You said that you pressed *2. Did any trouble indications display?

Old 12-17-16, 07:32 AM
R
Thanks for the reply!!!!

The system does not seems to be arming and disarming as I am not seeing the ready light (Green) one.

Pressing *2 only shows the the system trouble indicator, I do not see any other things highlighted.

I did checked all the smoke detector all of them have the steady light and have already cleared the smoke detector that went into latching mode.

Old 12-17-16, 09:56 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 132 Votes on 123 Posts
If you aren't getting the ready light, then you may have an intrusion zone open. Is the fire light still on? Have you checked to see if the system is showing an open intrusion zone?

Old 12-18-16, 06:36 PM
R
The system did not showed intrusion. I ended up pulling the power from the system and rebooted the system. It seems to clear the error. Thanks you for ur help!!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: