Simon XT Gives no time to cancel an alarm

Old 12-18-16, 10:30 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Simon XT Gives no time to cancel an alarm

I have a Simin XT - (not the v2 version) and the company recently upgraded the cellular module inside from a 2G module to a newer 3G/4G module.

Ever since then, if we trigger an alarm, there is no delay in giving me time to disable the alarm with a code. Zero. This morning I was standing at the panel and my wife opened the door about a half second before my code was entered. The siren didn't even get a chance to sound yet and it called the central station and they called my cell to make sure everything was ok.

Shouldn't I be allowed a few seconds to enter a code on an alarm so it won't trigger a call from the central station? We used to do this before they changed the cell module and I would have 10 seconds or something to enter a code.

Shouldn't they also know that I entered a code and disabled the system?

Any info on how I can fix this? I can't take time off work so I'll just do it myself. I have the dealer and installer codes. I'm sure it's just a setting or something?

Thank you,

-Allistah

Old 12-18-16, 05:33 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
The typical disarm delay is 30-45 seconds. If you are sure that the entry you are coming through used to be a delay zone, then when they updated your software, they either altered your entry delay time, or changed that zone to an instant zone instead of a delay zone.

Otherwise, simply changing the communicator module shouldn't have any effect on your arm/disarm delays.

Are you certain that you aren't arming in an instant mode?

Old 12-18-16, 09:13 PM
A
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply - I appreciate it.

I verified that the doors belong to group 10. At night, we are arming it in instant mode by pressing the Door + Windows button twice. This is what you should do when going to bed at night right? This is arming it in STAY mode right?

Maybe I don't fully understand how this thing communicates to the central station. If an alarm is triggered, it will communicate to the central station instantly? Theres no delay in communicating? Thats the way it should be? I would think that makes sense so that if someone came in the front door while in instant mode (Armed in STAY mode), it would have communicated very fast before they could get to the panel to destroy it.

Question: If it's armed in instant (STAY) mode and an external door is opened (Group 10) which triggers an alarm instantly but I enter my code within a couple of seconds - shouldn't that let the central station know that I've entered a code to disarm it and that they don't need to call me?

I'm thinking that this behavior changed because the cellular module that was in it before was 2G and they upgraded it to a 3G/4G module recently. I'm thinking that the newer cell module communicates faster or something and before I was able to disarm it before the old 2G module could connect. I don't know, just guessing.

Thoughts?

Old 12-19-16, 02:23 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
There is a setting for communicator delay, but it sounds like yours is set for little or no delay. 3G communicators are actually fairly fast, especially if you have strong cellular signal in your location.

If you habitually arm in instant mode, and people are forgetful about disarming; then you probably need to set the communication delay to 20-30 seconds.

Old 12-22-16, 08:38 PM
A
I talked with a tech and I was told that once the panel goes into an alarm state, there is zero delay before it calls. It had the 2G module in before which was very slow and I guess this delay was the reason why I was able to disable it before it would get the change to call. But now its a 3G/4G module in there, its lightning fast. I guess thats good right? If someone came in and tried to disable the panel it is quick to call before that happens.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: