Simon XT Group 13 Instant Perimeter Alarm Help

Old 12-26-16, 01:38 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Simon XT Group 13 Instant Perimeter Alarm Help

Hi everyone,

I have Frontpoint with a Simon XT panel, I have had it for 2 years with no issues including automated door locks. I have it set up so the when a user types the code into the motorized lock, it disarms the system and notifies me. Basically what I am getting at is I don't have a need for an entry delay, this only causes my motions to be inactive for the 30 second entry delay. I want to make the door with the locks an instant perimeter door(Group 13), but I saw a note that said if a group 13 sensor is opened during exit delay, it would sound alarm immediately, so this will not work when arming the system and leaving the house because I arm the system then go out the door. I know the panel has a no entry delay but they don't have that feature on the alarm.com app for away, only stay. So my question is, how can I set my exterior door to instantly alarm when opened but not alarm when exiting the house during exit delay? My house has zero need for an entry delay since the only way I can get into it is with automated locks. If it is possible, if it isn't does anyone have any other ideas for me. I'm trying to do this because if there really is an intruder and he kicks in the door, the alarm wont go off for 30 seconds since its an entry delay door.

Thanks for helping me.

Old 12-26-16, 04:50 AM
B
Here is the sensor group chart for a reference.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  49.9 KBName:  image (1).jpg
Views: 260
Size:  45.1 KB

Old 12-26-16, 06:30 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 133 Votes on 123 Posts
If you want the exit delay, you have to have the entry delay. There's no zone type/sensor group that gives you one, without the other; and the minimum entry delay is 30 seconds.

Old 12-26-16, 12:44 PM
B
Thank you MrRon. I will just set the two doors that have the automated locks with the delay entry/exit and the other doors to group 13.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: