How to reset the master password?

Old 12-28-16, 06:50 AM
C
Received 5 Upvotes on 5 Posts
How to reset the master password?

My new home came with the Simon XT security alarm. I believed the previous owner service it through ADT. Without knowing the previous user code, is there a way to reset the master code and delete some of the existing user codes? Do I have to go through ADT to have this setup or reset?

Old 12-28-16, 02:43 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
One of the least endearing traits of Simon and Concord panels, is that if you don't know the master user code, about all you can do is default the darned thing (Memory clear).

Manual: http://static.interlogix.com/library...l%20Manual.pdf

The procedure is on page 54 of the manual; but before you tackle this, realize that you will lose all of the zone and transmitter settings; and if it's an ADT branded panel, the installer code will default to their installer code, not the standard factory default. (Relatively easy to find, with a websearch, we just aren't allowed to post it on this forum because ADT will fuss).

Old 12-28-16, 03:13 PM
C
Received 5 Upvotes on 5 Posts
Thank you so much for the manual. Would it be wrong or inappropriate to contact the previous owner for the code? ...just wondering

Old 12-28-16, 03:27 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Honestly, I've often thought that to be something to be handled as part of the property purchase process, at least it should be. At very least, the seller should reset their code to something like 1234 (since it's a basic user function, it's not a hardship).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: