Alarm wont turn off,power and battery disconnected already

Old 12-28-16, 01:44 PM
Z
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Alarm wont turn off,power and battery disconnected already

So our house came with an ADT safewatch pro 3000 alarm.not using it at all. It started beeping at 4 am every night a few weeks ago. Really weird that a battery from ADT showed up after a few days addressed to the previous owners.we do not have service with ADT. Installed the new battery and no change.still beeping at random time late at night.ADT refused to help. I disconnected the ADT box and battery hoping it would help and it did for 24 hours but the alarm just went off again. The keypads still have power for some reason and I need to disconnect them.any ideas?

Update: problem solved. Turns out the shiny new ADT box in the basement that I replaced the battery in was just for show. Not sure why its there or what it was doing but I noticed in my mancave on the breaker panel a transformer that was plugged in going into a rather large beige box.our housebis wired for telus high speed in every room but we use shaw so the telus stuff is just hanging there.so this transformer was identical to a picture in a similar post.I opened this other box up and yep its actually another ADT box with a battery back up.I unplugged this second transformer and took the battery out and now the keypads are dead finally! Why ADT would come and install a brand new box with battery for no reason is beyond me. I'm taking it out to the alley to smash it up so I can send it back to them in pieces.

Last edited by Zpmetal; 12-28-16 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Update
Old 12-28-16, 02:54 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 130 Votes on 121 Posts
The way ADT structures their contracts; they renew automatically; and often include minor stuff, like supplying replacement batteries when they get a low battery signal at the monitoring center. So they are probably still dinging the prior owner's credit card or checking account.

Your system may have an expansion board in a separate box, or they left an older system in place when they upgraded. Hard to tell.

The thing I can never figure out, is why the details of the wired in security system never seems to get discussed in the process of the property transfer...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: