ADEMCO VISTA 20P Alarm Panel / Motion Detector Zone - "Not Ready"

Old 01-02-17, 08:47 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ADEMCO VISTA 20P Alarm Panel / Motion Detector Zone - "Not Ready"

Hi,

I have an ADEMCO Vista 20P and subscribed to Xfinity/Comcast Home Monitoring/Security.

My wife triggered a (FALSE) alarm today. The alarm was subsequently turned off (after punching in our code). However, after the alarm was triggered and turned-off, we noticed that our Vista 20P wall panel is indicating "Not Ready" with 02 (Motion Detector zone).

Strangely, we can still turn on and off the alarm system (both in AWAY or STAY mode) in both the Vista 20P panel and/or Xfinity Touchpad despite the Vista 20P indicating that the system is "Not Ready".

Does anyone know why the Vista 20P panel is indicating a "Not Ready" mode (on 02 / Motion zone)? Can you offer advise as to how I clear this off the panel so that its back to the panel can get back to "Ready" mode?

Thanks

Old 01-03-17, 02:55 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The only reason it would show Not Ready with an indication of zone 2, is if zone 2 is active at that time. It doesn't make sense that you could arm with it showing not ready, unless they have force bypass enabled (to auto force a bypass of any currently faulted zones). Do you notice any zones being bypassed when you arm the system?

I'm not sure if Xfinity does things differently when they use VISTA panels though so you should contact them to see what they say.

Old 01-03-17, 07:04 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 132 Votes on 123 Posts
It's possible that they set your motion zone with a custom zone type that will force arm/"vent" zone. Otherwise, you should not be able to arm with the "not ready", unless you manually bypass the zone.

I would quiz them about your configuration.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: