Tuxedo Internet interface -- without monitoring

Old 01-03-17, 03:59 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Tuxedo Internet interface -- without monitoring

Hello -- I am currently an ADT Pulse subscriber and have decided to stop the $50/month service and go to a purely local/self-monitored system. My hardware currently consists of a Vista 20p with an RF panel, one 6150 keyboard, and various wired and RF sensors. I use the Pulse IOS app and Windows browser interface for control of the system and viewing a few cameras, both at home and when away.

I would like to install a Tuxedo wifi panel. From reading other DIY threads and Amazon reviews, I believe a Tuxedo (without monitoring and without Total Connect) could allow me to access the system both at home via wifi and also via internet when away from home. By "access" I particularly mean arm/disarm and view event logs.

I am a retired IT contractor and reasonably technically competent. I believe I could handle the required re-programming of the 20p, but I don't want to start buying hardware (or discontinue my ADT subscription) until I have confidence in my plan.

My questions:
1. I cannot find a description of what exactly a Tuxedo interface would look like when accessing via internet (wifi or away). What exact features would be available? What would the screens look like? Are there IOS/Apple apps or Android apps available? Or would I access the Tuxedo purely via a browser? Are there detailed instructions/screen shots available somewhere describing Tuxedo browser access? Again, this is all in the context of without monitoring and without Total Connect.

2. Can a Tuxedo without monitoring be programmed to send me emails or SMS messages based on faults when armed? Again, how is this done, I cannot find detailed instructions.

3. I understand a Tuxedo can allow local viewing of cameras, directly on the Tuxedo device. Can I view cameras over internet (again, without a monthly subscription)? Is this also done over the browser interface?

I fear these same questions have been asked in other threads, and I just cannot find them. If someone could respond or refer me to the pertinent threads I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you.

Mark

Last edited by MarkF_Indiana; 01-03-17 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-03-17, 07:20 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
A lot of those more advanced functions still require passing through an outside server (TotalConnect subscription). The functions you may be thinking of that are non-TC are via your in home Wi-Fi.

Here's the Honeywell page for the keypad: Honeywell: Tuxedo Touch Home Controller

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: