Vista 20p motion sensors

Old 02-01-17, 01:40 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vista 20p motion sensors

I have a vista 20p connected to a control4 system. I have several motion sensors who's only purpose is to trigger light scenes, etc. when my system is armed to stay instant, the motion sensors shut off, thus making their purpose a waste.

I have them set to follower (04) but was wondering if there is a way to keep a motion sensor active without triggering an alarm?

I know that if not, I can add a second partition and keep that new partition disarmed at night, but changing zone type or reaction seems like the easiest, if possible.

Thanks.

Old 02-01-17, 03:27 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,601 Votes on 1,475 Posts
What on the Vista panel is controlling the control4 system ?
Relay outputs ?
Relay expansion (4204) board ?

if there is a way to keep a motion sensor active without triggering an alarm?
24 hours a day ?

Maybe set it up for supervisory.

Old 02-01-17, 03:59 PM
A
I have a houselogix hsim going from the vista panel to my control4 ea-5

This is a vista issue though, not control4. As the vista panel closes motion zones automatically when programmed the way I have it, via the vista.

As for when the motion doesn't trigger an alarm, I really don't care. If the sensors trigger an alarm in away mode that's fine. And if they never trigger an alarm regardless of arm state, that's fine too. The only purpose of these motion sensors is to trigger lights inside.

Old 02-02-17, 02:31 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 139 Votes on 128 Posts
If you don't care about the intrusion alarm function, try zone type 23 for your motion zones.

Old 02-02-17, 09:20 PM
A
tried that before as well, but zone 23 is not for motion sensors. they do not react at all when programmed under 23.

Old 02-03-17, 02:13 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 139 Votes on 128 Posts
Ok, lets try this again. Exactly _how_ does your control4 interface connect to the Vista control? How you are getting the data has bearing on what the vista panel does with it.

Zone type 23 would have to be programmed to activate an output on the vista panel (it's in the description of what it does), if you are somehow tapping the keypad buss, then you may have to do something like a custom zone type.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: