DSC: 3 open zones of 8 totals

Old 02-15-17, 09:54 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC: 3 open zones of 8 totals

Hi, i have a dsc 1864. Last weekend i had to change my battery, so i did it (i also remove the powersupply and pluggued it back).

1)
Since then, i have zone 2 (motion detector), zone 5 (push button on the alarm box) and zone 8 (glass break detector AFT-100) that are stuck at OPEN. I can't arm the system, it there is only one event in the memory when i press *3. What are the step i can troubleshoot those open zone?

2)
Also i have a PC5108 expansion module (not activated, but i'd like to) and i want to add another smoke detector + my siren to it?. I do have one smoke detector (Z6), but i'm not sure it is supposed to be on the PGM or not: how can i reset it if the detector detect smoke from the kitchen's wife's cooking? (do i need to do *72?)

I hope my questions are clear, if not please ask!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-17, 02:26 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 24 Posts
I'm guessing that these are all hardwired zones. For the motion and the glassbreak, verify that they have 12v power going to them.

The push button? Is this a hardwired panic button of some type?

Simply power cycling wouldn't normally affect system devices like this. It's possible that during your handling the battery you may have dislodged a couple of the power connections for your powered devices.