Random Beep/Chime with New Ademco 20p Panel with Tuxedo Keypads

Old 02-17-17, 10:03 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Random Beep/Chime with New Ademco 20p Panel with Tuxedo Keypads

I just installed and programmed a new Ademco 20p panel myself with 4 Tuxedo keypads. I added an auxiliary power supply to the system as well. The attachment shows all the devices and equipment attached to the system. The beeps is occurring once or twice a day when the system is in the disarm mode. I did not notice the beep/chime in the armed mode. By the time I get to the keypad, there is no message on the keypad. I checked the system log from the tuxedo keypad, and there is nothing in the log that references the beeping issue. I do not have any schedules configured. I checked all the wiring on the panel and did not notice any loose connections on the terminals. This issue is driving me crazy. Please advice on what else I need to check.

Thanks,

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-17, 11:14 AM
I think I found the beeping issue. It looks like the Tuxedo keypad is trying to process a voice command from folks talking near the keypads. I have turned off the voice command option. I will monitor the situation for the next several days and report back.

Old 02-23-17, 09:46 AM
Received 4 Votes on 3 Posts
Since there haven't been any more posts, it sounds like you found the problem and resolved it. It seems that the latest "whiz-bang" features too often turn out to be problematic. Thanks for the "resolution post"; it just might answer someone else's question.

Old 02-23-17, 12:02 PM
There are also ways to tweak the voice control settings so they more accurately pick up your voice only.

I'm curious if the OP turned it off or just adjusted the settings to cause it to stop the mis-behavior.

Old 02-24-17, 03:21 AM
Turning the voice feature off solved my problem. However; if there is a way to tweak the voice control settings so they more accurately pick up my voice, I would like to know how to do that.

Old 02-24-17, 07:56 AM
This guide should have all the information you need - http://www.tuxedotouchtoolkit.com/do...Voice-Supp.pdf.