Vista 20P Problem

Old 03-04-17, 11:50 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vista 20P Problem

I had a wireless door sensor go bad so I was trying to delete the sesnor and add the new one I just purchased. I know you enter a zero in the sensor loop to delete it but I did something wrong on the serial number screen. Now I cannot continue with the programming because the screen will now only say "Field?" and will not go any further. Only way I can get out of it is to exit (99). If I try to go back to programming it always says "Field?" When it goes back to the "Disarmed ready to arm" screen there is a "1" in the upper left hand corner. Anyone know how I can get out of this? Thank You

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-17, 06:11 PM
I eventually got almost everything straightened out and the new sensor programmed. The only issue remaining is when it goes back to the "Disarmed ready to arm" screen there is a "1" in the upper left hand corner. What is the 1 for?

Old 03-05-17, 11:45 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 24 Posts
Somehow, in your programming goof up, you probably assigned one or more zones to another partition. That "1" is the partition indicator. Double check your zone programming and make sure that none of the zones are assigned to more than partition 1.

If the zones are all working, it doesn't actually _hurt_ anything; it's just confusing for some users.

Old 03-06-17, 04:22 PM
Thank You, I went thru all the zones and they are all saying partition 1. I must have screwed something else up.

Old 03-06-17, 04:51 PM
Got it. *198 Thank You, Frank

Old 03-07-17, 06:16 AM
Yes, a 1 in field *198 will display the partition number the keypad is currently active on.

If you do end up using partitions and want to give the partitions names instead of the generic numbers, you can create custom words (Home, Garage, etc) through the *82 Alpha Descriptor programming. Custom word 11 will be the name for partition 1, custom word 12 would be for partition 2 and custom word 13 would be for the common lobby partition.