Simon XT & Alarm.com

Old 03-05-17, 03:16 PM
Simon XT & Alarm.com

Hello everyone. I've got two questions/problems with my Simon XT and Alarm.com.

1: I've got a sensor on the master bedroom door. I'd like this sensor to never trip the alarm, regardless of the arming level (ie: 0,1,2,3,4), but notify me when the door has been opened. I've tried the sensor group numbers 25, 40, and 43. They all trigger a chime within the house, and don't trip the alarm, but no push notification alert on my phone. Is this not possible or am I doing something wrong? A work around I've got for now is having alarm.com notify me if the door is left open for more than 1 minute. But ideally I'd like to know immediately.

2: My Alarm.com push notifications are quite delayed. For example I disarm the system, but receive the notification 20 minutes later. I haven't changed anything within the panel settings in regards to reporting or the GSM settings themselves, and also the GSM antenna has not been moved. This is bothersome because Alarm.com is now logging the wrong time stamps on all the events. Any ideas why this is happening?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-17, 02:29 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I think that all of these local chime type zone type/sensor groups don't report. You can try turning on the supervision report setting in the panel programming; but I don't think you can make this zone do what you want in regard to activation of the communicator.

If you are observing the activation of your communicator, and seeing the notifications much later; the lag is likely in your local GSM network. If the ADC is logging the receipt time much different from your activation time, then the data is getting delayed in transit.

Old 03-08-17, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the advice. I tried that but unfortunately it didn't work

Old 03-08-17, 12:41 PM
I would ask your alarm.com dealer to run a system check so they can see if there any issues with signal strength of communications.

Old 03-27-17, 07:22 AM
Turns out it was a an issue around my area. A lot of people where having issues.