DSC PK5500 Programming Help FOB, Panic and Auxiliary buttons

Old 03-07-17, 01:42 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC PK5500 Programming Help FOB, Panic and Auxiliary buttons

I am new to the forum so please be patient with my questions. I have a DSC PK5500 alarm system. I am having a few issues and appreciate help ASAP.

1 - When I press the Panic and Auxiliary buttons on the keypad nothing happen. It does not even make a beeping sound to indicate it recognize the action or accept my input. I also have 2 FOB's and it accept the panic entry from FOB's. - How can I fix this.

2 - I programed my DSC PK5500 to call my cell if the alarm goes off but have the following issues and again appreciate any assistance.

a) When the panic button from the FOB's are pressed it does not call my cell but the alarm siren goes off.

b) If the alarm goes off ( i.e the door or window opens ) it calls my cell however when I answer and enter ( # or a number ) it continue to call my cell for a few more times. How can I stop that and make it stop call once I enter the # or number.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

Joey59

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-17, 08:29 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 30 Votes on 29 Posts
PK5500 is the keypad model. What you have is either a PC1616, PC1832, or PC1864 attached to that keypad. Fortunately they use a common programming manual: http://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=17007

The panic key defaults to silent. Did you turn ON option 2 in programming location 015?

The Aux key (medical) never activates the siren, it's for emergency service dispatch.

Do you have report codes programmed for the panics in programming location 329?

What reporting format did you select in programming location 350. That's what dictates how many calls it makes before it gives up. You should have selected "pager" or "residential dial".

Old 03-08-17, 07:51 AM
Good morning Joan,
thank you very much for your assistance and hope you can continue to assist me. Ad for your response here are the answers

The panic key defaults to silent. Did you turn ON option 2 in programming location 015?

Yes - this is set to audible.

The Aux key (medical) never activates the siren, it's for emergency service dispatch.

- Understood - but it does not even beep to acknowledge input.

This is also true for the panic button both on the keypad

Do you have report codes programmed for the panics in programming location 329?

- No - - F,A,P all have a value of " FF " I would like it to alarm and call my cell. I do not know what to change it to accomplish this.

What reporting format did you select in programming location 350. That's what dictates how many calls it makes before it gives up. You should have selected "pager" or "residential dial".

This is set to "residential dial" = 06

Thanks You

Old 03-08-17, 10:52 AM
Hi Joan,
I have made some progress however I still need help to resolve the rest of mu issues.

I made the following changes to Reporting code 329. F = 1A , A = AA and P = 2A. Now when I press the panic button from fob it calls my cell.

Issues I need help with

1 - The Panic & Auxiliary keys on the keyboard does not work. I press the Panic key and the system does not acknowledge the input and as such nothing happens. I would like the keys to work the same as the panic key on the FOB.

2 - Post Dial Wait For Handshake is set for 20 second. When the system calls my cell I answer and acknowledge with one of the following values ( #,* 1-9) press the end key after. The system continue to call me until the number of calls is equal to the number I set up for Maximum Dialing Attempts .

Appreciate any assistance

Old 03-08-17, 03:17 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
In the keypad programming: http://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=16949

Are all of the panic key options in keypad programming location 74 all turned on?

Some mobile phones do a better job than others of emulating DTMF tones than others, and if your panel phone line is a broadband derived phone line, the tones may not be coming back to the panel cleanly enough for the panel to acknowledge them. Simple test: Try having the system call a known good land line. If residential dial works on calling that phone, then you have a problem with your handset or mobile service.

Old 03-08-17, 05:30 PM
I am not sure as I am unable to get to 074. I assume I a doing something incorrect. I enter *8 installer code * . When I enter 074 I get an error / beep.

can you please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Old 03-08-17, 08:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Don't put the leading zero in when you are in the keypad programming commands. Enter them exactly as listed in the manual.

Old 03-09-17, 08:47 AM
I must say thank you very much as your assistance has enable me to resolve almost all of my issues. At this point in time almost everything that I need to get working is working. I have only 1 outstanding issue that I would like to get working as should. Appreciate any information you can provide.

1 - When the system dial my cell or a regular land line it does not acknowledge the response. It will continue to call the number as many times as I have setup in the Maximum Dialing Attempts. I have tried it to my cell and also a land line with the same results.

Thank you for any assistance. I must also state again my appreciation for all the assistance you have provided me in getting my system to work as I wan it to.

Joey59

Old 03-09-17, 03:31 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Here's what you should have:

location 301: DxxxxxxxF# (x being phone number digits)
Location 310: 1234FF (account number probably not needed, but it doesn't hurt to put it in)
Location 350: 06#

Assuming none of the settings in 380-383 have been altered from the factory default, that's it. That's all. There's no hidden commands, no secret handshakes, no special trick.

Old 03-10-17, 08:50 AM
Still having the same issue

Here's is what I have:

location 301: DxxxxxxxF# (x being phone number digits)

DphonenumberF(all F for the remaining values

Location 310: 1234FF (account number probably not needed, but it doesn't hurt to put it in)

Same as above

Location 350: 06#

Same as above

Assuming none of the settings in 380-383 have been altered from the factory default, that's it. That's all. There's no hidden commands, no secret handshakes, no special trick.

Not sure what the default values should be I did not make any changes but I don't know when I had the system installed if the installers made changes - here is the values that exist currently

380 = Toggle values
1 = Enabled
2 = Restored on bell timeout
3 = DTMF
4 = Always DTMF
5 = Disable
6 = As backup
7 = follows arming

381 = Toggle values
1 = KP ring back off
2 = Bell Ring back off
3 = programmed
4 = Disabled
5 = Enabled
6 = Automatic
7 = Disabled

382 = Toggle values
1 = Identifier = 4
2 = Disabled
3 = Disabled
4 = Disabled
5 = Disable
6 = In minutes

383 = Toggle values
1 = By Partition

don't know if you see any issues with the various settings

Thanks

Old 03-10-17, 04:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The default values are in the manual that was linked in the first reply I made.

Is the phone line connected to the panel a real, old school, landline; or is it a broadband derived phone line? Many of these cable/FIOS/VOIP solutions do not allow the touch tone signals to come through cleanly.

Really. There is no special setting that can keep this from working. You may simply need to change to "pager" instead of residential dial.

Old 03-11-17, 12:03 PM
I looked at the manual you have in the link. Should I assume that most of the default values are on. I am not sure since it just say ON =? & Off = ?. It does not refer to which value is the actual default.

- the phone line that is connected to the panel is the old fashion standard phone line ( the original home phone line ).

- Have not tried the pager option as yet. Everything is working as needed except the part when I answer the call - the system is no accepting my response so it continue to call the phone number.

Thanks
Joey59

Old 03-11-17, 10:12 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
In the programming worksheets, all of the default values in option selection locations have a check mark next to them. For all other locations the default value is indicated in the description text next to the programming location number.

What is happening is that the system is not hearing a valid DTMF signal. Whether this is because of your telco system or your handset, is hard to tell; there really is NO SETTING in the alarm panel that can affect this.

The pager setting expects no response beyond the phone being answered.

Old 03-13-17, 08:28 AM
Good morning and thanks you very much for your assistance. I have gone through all the settings for 380 - 383 and made sure all the settings are set to the default values as per manual.

I am still unable to resolve the issue with the system not acknowledging my response from either my cell or land line.

I tried changing to pager setting but that was worst. I call the phone only once but dose not allow for a response.

I am very thankful for your assistance in helping me resolve all the other issues.

Thanks
Joey49