ADT Safewatch Plus Programming

Old 03-19-17, 02:51 PM
ADT Safewatch Plus Programming

I have in my home an old ADT system that has not been used/monitored for ~14 years (originally installed in 1995). I have accomplished a factory default reset so I can access the programming mode. Upstairs I have an A900R keypad with a Z900ST keypad downstairs by the main entrance door. I am able to establish user codes to arm and disarm the system. The audible siren for burglar/fire alarm has been disconnected as it is constantly energized (terminal 3 on the control board). Other than this, the system seems to function. I am in need of installation programming instructions if anyone can assist. I would like to use this as an unmonitored system.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-17, 04:20 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
What you have is the ADT modified version of a Moose Z900. By your description, the system has failed with the siren output energized. Sadly, that's not a software problem, it's a hardware failure.

The ADT version used a slightly different programming map from the stock Moose panel. Knowing that really won't help, here. Put your time, effort and resources into budgeting for a modern replacement system; there is no salvaging this one, if your description of the conditions is accurate.

Old 03-19-17, 04:33 PM
I disconnected the siren after performing the system reset. Prior to that, the system was operable but I did not have the access codes from the previous owner. Occasionally, the system would begin to beep on a communication error as I have the phone line disconnected. I ultimately unplugged the transformer until now. I assume that the initial set-up programming will resolve this. Is the "slightly different programming map" available? This is all I really need.

Old 03-20-17, 02:38 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
For whatever reason, the manuals for this ADT modified version and the base model Moose Z900 are really tough to find online. There have been numerous threads on this one over the years:
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...disabling.html

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...eral-help.html

There are some pay for download sites that list the manual.

I still recommend replacing this relic of the 90s...

Old 03-20-17, 05:54 PM
I am not opposed to spending a few dollars - is there a replacement system that I can reuse all of the existing wired sensors (3 on doors and 1 motion sensor)? I think another post recommended a DSC 832?? Will I have to replace the key pads as well?

Old 03-21-17, 02:16 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Pretty much any modern wired system will work just fine. The current model for the DSC is PC1832. Yes, you have to replace the keypads, they are system specific. Things like contacts and motion detectors are basically just fancy switches, and work with anything.