Concord 4 Output 1 not working

Old 03-22-17, 01:10 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Concord 4 Output 1 not working

I finally got around to wiring up an indoor siren to my Concord 4.

Old, old system in the house had one that didn't work (speaker or electronics burnt out). The panels made enough noise as did the fire alarms, so I didn't worry about it.

I bought a Honeywell Ademco 747 siren. Should just be 12V and go. Tested it on a 12V battery and it works in warble and steady. It sources a bit more than output 2 can handle, so I was going to wire it into output 1.

So far, though, I get nothing. I named the output and tried testing it from the panel. It says it is active, but I don't get an alarm sound and don't get 12VDC across 9 and 13.

I've gone through the manual and not found any settings I missed. But I think I've exhausted everything.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Anthony

Old 03-22-17, 04:10 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
What settings do you have programmed in for output 1?

Old 03-23-17, 05:23 AM
A
sorry, had troubles logging in last night.

Ptn 1, 01614 (default) and I also tried 01610.

I gave it a text name ("Interior Alarm").

Right now the sounder is not hooked up, but I have tested with it hooked up. I did the manual output control with 7-7-1 and the display says Interior Alarm Active. I go over to check the panel and it has nothing on those outputs (millivolts). The funny thing is that I try 7-7-1 again immediately and it still says active. I would expect that to turn it off? Unless there's something else going on here.

I could try output 2, but the 747 says 400mA and the label in the panel says 300mA. I didn't want to pop a resistor or relay on a panel that has worked well for years now.

Any other settings to look at or terminals to measure?

Thanks,
Anthony

Old 03-23-17, 03:20 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Try changing it to 00410.

There is a built in 30 second delay in the default setting, and it doesn't turn it on for all alarm conditions (this is an area where the concords are less than intuitive).

Old 03-23-17, 05:46 PM
A
Kids asleep tonight, but I will check first thing tomorrow. Thanks.

Old 03-24-17, 06:08 AM
A
Okay, so I tried 01710 (all system noises) and got it to work on outputs 1 and 2.

It's really annoying for all the beeps, so I won't keep it there, but the sounder seems to function.

Ideally, I would want just alarms and no system noises, which is 01610.

However the manual functions (7-7-n) do not seem to work at all. They send a system beep and sometimes say the text and Active (and oddly enough, occasionally off). However it never sends the output active. Ideally I would want that to demo how loud the alarm is for the family or to test the siren without fully tripping the system.

It's not a deal breaker now, but just would be nice to know. Any thoughts on the manual control?

Thanks.

Old 03-24-17, 06:41 AM
A
I tried one more thing before calling it quits. I put Output 1 into the null trigger state: 00010. Should have just responded to manual panel commands, but nothing.

Might be a bug or some obscure setting that I haven't found. Wish I hadn't chased this rabbit for so long, but it's working now, so yeah!

Thanks for the help.

Old 03-24-17, 02:50 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Concord's are well made, well functioning intrusion alarm systems; but their configuration is full of little annoyances that make features that _should_ be simple to set up, much more difficult than they should be (in my opinion).

They are still a decent value, as long as you realize that deviating from their defaults can be a little difficult...

Old 03-27-17, 07:29 PM
G
Edit...In order to use the 7+7+output number 1-6 (Output numbers 1 and 2 are the two on the motherboard and outputs 3-6 are the snapcard outputs), you have to first name the output, and then the trigger number MUST be set to 000. So if you program the output for an alarm, you can't use the 7+7 trigger functions...

It's used more for direct control of an output (like a garage door opener)

Last edited by GEGUY; 03-27-17 at 08:11 PM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: