NX-6V2 arms itself

Old 03-22-17, 01:49 PM
NX-6V2 arms itself

My house came with this system installed. It is not monitored and I do not use it. It is not connected to the outside world in any way: no telephone, cellular, ethernet, wifi, rs-232 or any other connection and there are no boards installed in the control cabinet other than the main NX-6V2 board. Every time I come home I discover the alarm has been set and I must enter the code (that the previous owner gave me) to disarm. In case you're scratching your head, you read that right: the panel arms itself at some point when I'm not home. I've also observed the keypad starts beeping and the system arms itself when I leave the front or back door open for an extended period, which I've been doing a lot lately since the weather is gorgeous. I've never timed it but this seems to happen when the doors have been open for maybe half an hour or an hour.

In case you're wondering why I don't just disconnect the panel since I don't use it, we shoved a bunch of furniture against the wall with the power adapter, so I just haven't gotten around to it, but I plan to. Still, curious minds want to know why and how this is happening!

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-17, 04:26 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The NX-6V2 has an auto-arm feature (that hardly anyone outside of the commercial world ever uses).

See page 75 of the installer manual: http://www.kmtsystems.com/wp-content...ion-Manual.pdf

The problem with the feature, is that it's set in programming, and while you can interrupt it in progress, the only way to fully disable the feature is to change the programming settings (for which you need the installer code)