Using Honeywell Compass Software to interface to Honeywell Vista 128BPT panel

Old 03-25-17, 02:13 PM
Using Honeywell Compass Software to interface to Honeywell Vista 128BPT panel

I have a Vista 128BPT panel which has a RS232 connection on the panel. I have purchased a Honeywell CIA modem and found a older version of the Compass software on the internet.

Since the panel has a RS232 connection on it, do I need the modem to connect to the panel.

I just need more detailed instructions on how the Compass software interface to the 128BPT panel and what cables I need.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-17, 03:17 PM
Based on some research it looks like I can establish a direct connection to the 128BPT panel using a USB to serial cable and then use the Compass software to program the 128BPT panel. It looks like the Honeywell CIA modem is not required. Can someone please confirm.

Old 03-25-17, 03:38 PM
Group Moderator
That would be pretty cool to be able to program directly from the USB/serial adapter cable.

I've been using the Ademco 4100SM module to connect my laptop to Honeywell panels.

Old 03-25-17, 04:20 PM
Based on some research, it looks like you may be able to connect to the panel using the Honeywell VTSERCBL serial adapter to a USB to Serial adapter "Tripp-Lite USA-19HS" and program the panel using the Compass software.

Not sure how to set this up in the Compass software for direct connection. I just want to see if anyone out there has directly connected to the 128BPT panel and program the panel using the Compass software.

Old 03-26-17, 06:17 AM
Based on the link below, you can use Compass to connect directly to a VISTA-128BPT.

https://www.alarmgrid.com/documents/...ctions-summary

I found that you need the Honeywell VTSERCBL serial adapter and a USB to Serial adapter "Tripp-Lite USA-19HS" to program the panel using the Compass software.