Installed NX-595 into a NX-8

Old 04-05-17, 02:25 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Installed NX-595 into a NX-8

So during my installation of the NX-595 network module into my NX-8 I defaulted the system and now I'm getting a Fail to Communicate service error.

I can't find any information that explains how to setup/change the alerting. The user and installation manual wasn't written in plan English. Its beyond my understanding.

My monitoring company has a radio that is connected via the phone bus and still works. But I getting the service error and from what I understand the reporting will ether need to be reconfigured or disabled.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-17, 08:39 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 73 Posts
To help you, we need to know the settings that the RF communicator requires. Some of them require a specific phone number and format to be programmed into the alarm control in order to emulate the land line that the panel needs.

Old 04-06-17, 11:57 PM
S
I'm still trying to get a hold of the techs that could help. My alarm was never setup when the RF communicator was installed. All they did was plug it in and everything worked from the start. Even after factory reset the reporting still works.

Old 04-07-17, 12:08 AM
S
Ok I spoke to a tech at my monitoring company and he said to try and disable the dialer all together. I need to enter 15 "0" in the call out number. I'm going to try this again but would really like the step by step instructions on how to do this.

Old 04-07-17, 02:38 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Zeroing out the dialer phone number won't disable the dialer. You have to change the format setting to "0".

*8 [installer code]
0# (main system programming)
2# (Phone 1 communicator format location)
0* (changes format selection to "disabled" which disables the phone dialer)
[EXIT] until you are back out of programming

Old 04-07-17, 04:49 AM
S
Ok so I did another reset (910#) to make sure nothing else could be causing the issue.

I followed your steps without issue and it didn't change anything. I did notice after entering 2# the 1, 3, 4 are turned on. I'm not sure if thats the correct segment/location because shouldn't only one of the 1-3 lights be light showing the current setting?

So I'm getting the Fail to Communicate. Do you have any other things to try?

Thanks.

Old 04-07-17, 03:44 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Do you have the installer manual: http://static.interlogix.com/library...n%20Manual.pdf

On LED style keypads its a form of binary display (see the table on page 16):

1=1 3=4 4=8
added together equals 13 which is the contact ID format.

You want to change that entry to 0, by entering 0* (* being essentially the "enter" key).

Old 04-08-17, 02:36 AM
S
I have the old caddx 8 zone panel. I do have the installation manual from interlogix but it doesn't explan what a location or segment is and how that compares to a menu. My main problem is I don't understand how to program this damn thing.

I'm a networking major and this hurts my head....

Old 04-08-17, 03:39 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The "how to program" information on page 16 is still valid. The change from Caddx to Networx was just a logo change, for the most part.

The only difference between an NX-8 and an NX-8V2 is that they added a few additional features and options. The basic programming and programming worksheet is still accurate.

Here's the original NX-8 manual:
http://owensecurity.com/wp-content/u...NX8-Manual.pdf

The trick with alarm manuals is that they are _not_ instruction manuals; they are _reference_ manuals... The assumption is that the technician already knows basic alarm fundamentals.

Old 10-19-17, 05:51 AM
K
I recently installed the NX-595 as well. After lots of effort, I've decided it doesn't work as expected and need to remove it from my NX-8 panel. How to I remove the NX-595 from the list of peripherals installed on the control box? I'm assuming that if I just unplug the module I'll get an alarm when the NX-8 can no longer communicate with it.

By the way, the UltraSync app was the reason I'm pulling the card. I was hoping the card would push an alarm code to the Ultrasync app and alert me in some very obvious way. I don't want to rely on checking email or an app to know I have an alarm, My backup was to us a monitoring service. I did find a few direct to customer monitoring centers, but none support the NX-595E card.

Old 10-19-17, 04:36 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Once you enter the programming changes so that it stops trying to communicate through the NX-595, and physically disconnect it, the process of entering and exiting programming mode is when the modules get enrolled/deleted (that's what's going on while the service light is on after exiting programming).

Old 10-24-17, 06:53 PM
W
NX-8V2 with NX-595E ip card

We have installed a NX-595E card in the NX-8V2 system and we are very happy about this card. We now can ARM and DISARM remotely from our mobile phones via Ultrasync or SmartHome APP. The option in “Receiver 1 Format” of “IP Reporting” is disabled, which allows the dialer in NX-8V2 board to call mobile phones via a VoIP line (e.g. ObiHai200 free of service charge). Upon receiving the phone notification, we check our email to find out the cause of the alarm notification and determine the next course of action. This card allows DIYers receive alarm notification “free of service charge”. For the NX-8V2 system, only ipDatatel provides compatible ip network card at a nominal monthly fee.

According to the NX-595E documentation, you should be able to use four types of format; Disabled, UltraSync, OH CID IP format and OH SIA IP format, in the “Receiver 1 Format” page. It is foreseeable that any central monitoring stations have existing system and software licenses to monitor any alarm reporting from either analog PSTN line or any CID or SIA format digital signals, and they certainly have no financial interest to procure the additional license for using the Osborne Hoffman (OH) NetRec software.

Khuff: Inquire your preferred “direct to customer monitoring centers” whether the signals in CID IP or SID IP formats is compatible in their existing system. NX-595E allows different coding for monitoring centers using different receiving software. Send alarm signals in different formats/coding to the monitoring centers to test the compatibility or contact the manufacturer for supports. Good luck.