strange issue with PC1864 board and two wireless zones

Old 04-15-17, 12:03 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
strange issue with PC1864 board and two wireless zones

I recently installed PC1864 board (upgraded from PC5010). While upgrading I added to the system 4 wireless sensors that I brought from my previous home (3 flood sensors and one smoke detector).
First issue was to enter the serial numbers of the wireless sensors - I used them for the zones 25-32 range. the panel simply ignored what I was entering in 804-26 for example. When I was checking what I have entered I saw either different value of just FFFFF.. But after many tries I was able to enter all the numbers into the system and tested everything was working fine.
Second issue. A day later I got trouble on two of the four wireless zones. I thought it is maybe a battery issue so I replaced all batteries with new (and did cold restart). After a day the issue came again - two of the same wireless sensors showed trouble. It is not related to the location, they all are pretty close to the receiver. So now if I restart the panel it will work for about 24 hours then I will get trouble.
And the third issue. Somehow after my last attempt to enter all the wireless serial number and test everything I noticed that the zone 1 is shows open. And it is a front door with magnet sensor. I tested the wire and it is ok, if I connect this to zone 2 it works fine. So it looks like the panel "lost" contact for the zone 1, even if I use a small wire to connect COM and zone1 nothing happens. I did a few restarts (while disconnecting the zone 1 wire), etc.. Not sure if the panel is defective or there is a way to reset it..

thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-17, 09:18 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 27 Votes on 26 Posts
What wireless receiver are you using?
Have you checked the settings for zone 1 in programming location 101?
What zone type do you have programmed for zone 1?

Old 04-16-17, 09:34 AM
I am using PC5132 (it was installed with PC5010 that I replaced with PC1864).
101 shows me 1234-6-- (from the keypad)
I did the programming with DLS software, the zone 1 is programmed as "delay 1"

thank you!

Old 04-16-17, 12:17 PM
actually the wireless zone trouble just happened again. but this time all three flood sensors are showing error. It used to be just one sensor plus wireless smoke detector but now it is different. Which tells me probably my PC5132 is not functioning properly..
Could this all be the result of not having enough voltage (or amps) because I added a few components to my existing system (when i replaced the main panel)..