Ultrasync touchscreen by interlogix

Old 04-17-17, 07:52 PM
Ultrasync touchscreen by interlogix

Hi everybody
I hope someone can help me with this. Apologies in advance because I know I have incomplete information. Anyway, I have a system that was installed by central security group 5 years ago. It has 2 Honeywell keypads model m7240.

I've been with central for a while so I called and asked them what they could do to make things better for me. They offered to reduce my monitoring from $35-$25 or install a 2gig control pad with one indoor camera.

I went for the later. But when the technician came out, they were unable to install the control pad because our primary smokes are wired (I believe that's how they said it). Something about them not being legally allowed to touch those. They offered to use an alarm.com module which they said would give me the ability to control the system through my phone as well. But I told them to hold because I had my heart on upgrading to the new touchscreen control panel.

So then I asked them if a Honeywell keypad in the 6280 series would work. But they are offering Ultrasync 7 inch touchscreen secondary touchscreen by Interlogix. At first I declined because online it appeared that it needed to be plugged in and he wants a plug going to the power socket from their alarm keypad. But they're telling me that it will be powered by the system that would not be the case.

Anyway, let me get to the source of my concern. If the install this ultraync it looks like it would be connected to the alarm system wirelessly. Is this the case? If it is the case, shouldn't I be worried about not having a wired keypad for reliability? Finally, they wouldn't have to bring my very valued wired primary smokes offline to install this, would they?

Thanks for any help. I have very limited knowledge about this so I apologize for the post. I am pretty technical so I could probably answer any questions with a little guidance. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-17, 02:23 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Ok, your most fundamental confusion is needing to understand that parts aren't interchangeable between system brands and models.

What is the base alarm system that you have? That M7240 part number is the part number for the keypad's plastic shell. I suspect that your system is a Honeywell Vista 20p (it being the most common).

Keypads from 2gig and Interlogix would require replacing your entire alarm control system.

Old 04-23-17, 07:59 AM
I see. I looked at the board and it does seem like Honeywell Vista but I can't tell if its 20p, 15p, 10p, etc. See pics. So if central security wants to replace with Interlogix, then I guess they plan on changing the control system too.

If the control system is changed, that doesn't mean the wired are wireless sensors around the house have to be changed, right? I can't imagine they are going to do that.

So, I am guessing that they Honeywell keypad in the 6280 series works with a different control system. The only reason I am fixated with this keypad is I wanted a touchscreen keypad just to update the look. But I am concerned with this wireless Interlogix solution? Another solutions they offered was alarm.com in which they said I would keep the same wired keypad but just have smartphone access too.

I do have a wink system in the house but that doesn't seem to integrate with central security.

With my goal being to update my keypad look without loosing the reliability of wired connections (keypad, smokes)....what type of options might I have.

Attached Images  
Old 04-23-17, 10:15 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
It's a Vista panel. Most likely a Vista 20p (somewhere on the edge of the board there's a stenciled part number along the lines of SAV-XXXX. Normally you can ID the system by the wiring diagram on the door of the enclosure, but it looks like your may be in a structured wiring cabinet, instead of a normal system enclosure, and it's been installed upside down (doesn't hurt anything, just makes the part numbers harder to read).

If you have wireless devices, those are brand specific, and you can't swap them from one brand to another (some alarm panel brands do make adaptor boards that can adopt specific wireless brands to their alarm hardware, but it's an extra expense). Wired contacts are just dumb switches, and work on any system.

If you have a Vista 20p, here's the link to the compatible graphic keypads:
Graphic Touchscreen

Old 04-24-17, 05:32 AM
What's the WA number printed on the PROM chip in the middle of the green circuit board?