How to clean up previous alarm report logs stored in NX 8V2 control panel?

Old 04-18-17, 08:31 AM
How to clean up previous alarm report logs stored in NX 8V2 control panel?

I am trying to clean up the old report log stored in the NX-8V2 control panel with NX-1192 LCD Pad and NX-595E Plug-in. From the DXL900 downloaded control panel worksheet, I can only find out that the “Clean me report” in Location 37, Segment 7, Position 6, was “disabled”. I can enable the option easily; however, I could not find additional documentation for the next steps. Appreciate comments from the Professionals. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-17, 02:32 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
First of all, do you have smoke detectors connected that are compatible with the "clean me" feature? It only works with certain GE/Interlogix smoke detector models?

If, instead, you are trying to delete the history in the panel, using the DL900 software, you select "delete event log" from the download menu.

Old 04-19-17, 06:31 PM
Delete Event Log in DXL900

Thanks. I do have a smoke detector connected to the alarm system, but have no idea about the model number and the compatibility with the “clean me” feature. What is the purpose of the DISABLED “Clean me report” in Location 37, Seg. 7, Position 5?

Found the Delete Event Log feature in the DXL900 menu. From DXL900 pull down manual:
→Download
→Event Log
→Delete Event Log

Old 04-19-17, 07:53 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The "Clean Me" feature allows specific GE/interlogix smoke detectors to report when their sensing chambers have drifted out of spec. While a nifty idea, in the real world, it's rarely useful (this class of detectors lasts a _long_ time).