Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

DSC1832 battery problem, once main power disconnected, system off straight away.

04-21-17, 02:15 AM   #1 (permalink)  
DSC1832 battery problem, once main power disconnected, system off straight away.

Hi, I've bought a new DSC1832 panel and new battery. Connected everything and configured the zone, work as expected but one thing I couldn't figure out is the battery power for the panel. I've connected the battery to the panel, let it charge for 3 days, turn off the main power and the alarm system lost power immediately. I bought another new battery, charged for 3 days, cut off main power and the panel lost power immediately. The keypad display low battery error all the time (when main power connected) but I checked the battery voltage with multimeter, it is fully charged. May I know what is the problem here? Is it any configuration that I missed out or is it a faulty panel?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

FL

04-21-17, 03:30 AM   #2 (permalink)  
Almost certainly a faulty panel. Older panels had fuse for the battery connection, but these new ones have a solid state component that sometimes fails (not common, but it happens).

But no, there's no software configuration for this. The battery switchover is all hardware/firmware.

"Ask the Right Question..."
- from _The Snow Queen_ by Joan D. Vinge-

Search this Thread