Help reviving old ADT Safewatch Plus 3000EN/ Moose Z900

Old 04-22-17, 07:57 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help reviving old ADT Safewatch Plus 3000EN/ Moose Z900

Hello,

I was wondering if someone can help me revive this wonderful system. I hooked up the keypad but no zones whatsoever. This system is no longer in use and basically all the wiring that used to be hooked up to it is now in a newer system. I want to bring it back to life to use it for my own use. Anyways, upon powering the system on all zone lights come up and stay as red along with the trouble light along with a long continuous beep until I press *. After that I tried entering the code that was used with this system with no avail. All I get is a long continuous beep until I press * again. Pressing 7 for 3 seconds makes the arm and ready lights flash for 3 seconds and nothing else. Any clue on what to do? Is it doing this because all of the zones have no wiring going into their terminals?

All help appreciated,
Thanks

Old 04-23-17, 10:33 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
You are kinda playing mix and match in the thread title. The ADT branded version of the Moose Z900 was Safewatch Plus/Entrepreneur.

This link is to a basic instruction form for this; just realize that the ADT version doesn't quite match the programming form: http://www.alarmsunlimitedinc.com/e1...am%20Sheet.pdf

The zones are showing open because you have nothing connected to the zone input. You can close them with a 2.2k resistor (red, red, red for the first three stripes).

If it's been powered down for a long time, it may have reverted to the factory default settings for codes, or the firmware may be corrupted. Hard to tell; at its newest, this system is 15+ years old...

Old 04-23-17, 03:51 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you so much for all this information! Another question, do you have any idea on how to remove the board from the enclosure? I can't find any screws that secure the board in.

Thanks

Old 04-23-17, 06:36 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
If I recall, the board rests on a set of plastic posts that have a small protrusion that can be pinched in with needle nosed pliers or a small flat screwdriver to lift the board off the post.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: