Vista21iP allow cell phone notification of my alarms?

Old 04-24-17, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vista21iP allow cell phone notification of my alarms?

Will a Vista21ip send a message to a cell phone via the internet WITHOUT having to pay any monthly fees?

If not, is there a similar system or device which can be added onto a vista 20p which could send a message via the internet to a cell phone?

I'm looking for an internet alarm system or interface which does not require a monthly charge.

(I have basically a local alarm, but my vista 20p uses a land line to call my cell phone using pager mode. And I am getting fed up with my phone company's price games (Centurylink). They out and out lie about the price I will be charged, then send me bills for higher amounts then what they said I would be charged. So my land line is going bye bye. I've had it!)

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-17, 04:19 PM
In answer to my own question...

IpDatatel ( https://ipdatatel.com ) makes add-on communicators which use Ethernet wired, wireless, and/or cell phone. (No land line required!)

And they referred me to a monitoring company which they say will do "partial pass through" of messages to your cell phone, but not monitor your alarm for a minimal charge. Or for a bit more also monitor your alarm. They are Geoarm...
GEOARMĀ® - Alarm Monitoring & Home Security Systems

And their communicator gizmos apparently interface with a Honeywell Vista 20p.

Old 04-25-17, 04:37 PM
If you are open to some level of monthly service, there are many companies (GeoArm included) that offer the Total Connect 2.0 service that Honeywell designed for the VISTA panels with or without central station service.

A VISTA-21iP already comes equipped with the IP communicator needed for TC2 service so you just have to find a company that offers no-contract low-cost options. If you google "Total Connect 2.0 Service", I'm sure you'll find some good options.

If you already have a 20P, what is the PROM number on the chip in the center of the green circuit board? It should start with 'WA'.

Old 04-25-17, 06:48 PM
I recently bought a newer board and it is V_10_23.

Old 04-25-17, 06:58 PM
You could just add the 7847i Honeywell communicator if you did want the Total Connect 2.0 service as a VISTA-20P (version 9.12+) w/a 7847i is essentially the same thing as a VISTA-21iP.

Old 04-26-17, 08:54 AM
Thank you, I will look into that!