Clearing FC code on ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 and more

Old 04-30-17, 05:01 PM
Clearing FC code on ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 and more

I saw your other threads, but still need help

My system is 11 years old and I haven’t been with ADT for 8 years.

It reads to the following to clear the “FC” of the screen, But what is the “[installer code]” ?

[installer code] + 8 + 00
*41* *42*
exit programming with *99

Also, when it reads above [installer code] + 8 + 00 *41* *42*, does the mean installer code then 8 then 00 then *41* *42* all in a sequence?

And sometimes during the day it alarms like a door is opening for no reason. I just replaced the battery, to see if that was the problem.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-17, 07:20 AM
We aren't allowed to post company Installer Codes but if you do some googling around ADT Installer Code, I would think you can find some places that do list it.

Otherwise, if you power cycle the system (disconnect a lead to the backup battery inside the alarm cabinet and unplug the transformer plugged into the standard wall outlet to power it down and then plug the transformer back in to power it up) and press and hold * and # together within 50 seconds, it should get you into panel programming mode.

Old 05-01-17, 03:40 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The [installer code] + 8 + 00 is the command sequence to go into programming.

After that, it doesn't matter what order you input the other commands in, other than remembering that *99 exit's programming. I just list them in numerical order because it's easier to remember...

Check the door alignment. Some doors, especially metal ones, warp a bit when the heat of the day hits them, and if the contact magnet is barely in the right position to begin with, that can be enough to cause a false trip.