DMP XT50 any good?

Old 05-03-17, 10:55 AM
DMP XT50 any good?

Hello all,

I'm trying to help my sister out with her security system. She has a DMP XT50 panel that used to be connected to cellular monitoring however she ended on bad terms with the monitoring company a few years ago. I have the Install, Programming and User Guides- is this something that I would be able to figure out how to program myself? I want to change the exit delay on one of the zones etc..
Also I am reading in the programmer guide about a potential lockout code- if a code has been established and i dont know it am I completely screwed?

Thanks folks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-17, 11:00 AM
Heres some pics, please note I removed the battery to replace it with a new one.Name:  IMG_7292.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  45.7 KBName:  IMG_7294.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  51.1 KBName:  IMG_7293.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  39.1 KB

Old 05-03-17, 04:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
DMP makes _very_ good intrusion alarm systems. They are not very DIY friendly, especially if the original installer used any of the dealer lockout features.

There's not really any kind of hardware "back door" into the programming.

Old 05-06-17, 10:47 AM
DMP Cellular communicators are not locked, so someone could potentially swap in a new SIM card. However, that unit being soldered on board is for sure a 2g communicator which has been shut down in most areas. You may be able to get a couple more years out of the 2G by throwing in a T-Mobile SIM card, they are not sun setting 2G until 2019.